Monday, March 30, 2009

Lee & Carol - Happy Anniversary!

My oldest and best friends celebrated their 40th anniversary last week. I've known Lee & Carol since 1976. In my opinion, they are the ultimate example of a good marriage--truly partners who respect and support each other in all things. Together they have raised 4 wonderful children and now have five grandchildren (with more, surely, to come). They're each unique, but I can see their parents' influence and good example in all their lives. I have been honored and blessed to know Lee and Carol all these years, and to count them as the dearest of friends. The quality of my life has been immeasurably enhanced through this friendship, and I am absolutely grateful for them both.Their daughters and mine are the same ages and were such good friends when they were all young, and although they have scattered to different areas now, they have reconnected over the last several years, through the internet and especially through each of their blogs. Natalie and Sabrina asked Erin to make the cake for their family get-together this last weekend, and here is the result. They supplied this photo of their parents on their wedding day--are they not just the cutest? (I can hardly imagine Lee this young and beardless!)


I was happy to get to see Natalie and Sabrina on Saturday, when they met Erin at my house to pick up the cake. I haven't seen either of them in years, and it was a fun, though brief, visit.

Erin, Jessica, Natalie, and Sabrina, with two of Sabrina's four children, adorable Isabel and cute baby Hazel.




I am constantly amazed at Erin's ability to produce great cakes, and it has been especially fun for me a couple of times when I've been able to watch the process. She is SO talented, and I love watching her in action!

By the way, if you'd like to see more of her cakes, they're at: ecakes.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

  1. Uh, Mom, what happened to cropping my butt off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you so surprised that I'm talented? You should've known from the moment I was born that my giftedness would one day change the world?

    ha ha...kidding =) you know I'm kidding right? that's funny, right? Okay, I'm just kidding. Yeah. Okay now, bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your butt is the best part, can you eat the picture. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cake...are you sure that is Lee & Carol??! Kelsey appreciates being reminded of the Stockseth's & Oldham's Senior. And Erin had a cute butt as a baby...why should that have changed?

    ReplyDelete