Sunday, October 4, 2009

I LOVE NERDS!

Yesterday, I went to visit Erin, ostensibly to help her get the nursery ready for the baby. Really, I think it was an excuse just to look at and play with all the cute little clothes and goodies she has waiting for her. Jeff and Jaden were in the room with us, when we realized we hadn't heard from Tyler for quite some time. What was he doing? What mischief had he gotten into? Playing on the computer, or watching TV? He finally came and proudly showed us what he'd been up to. Math. Yes, MATH! He had made "number sentences." Including, mind you, square roots! (Did I have a clue about square roots at 6? I think not!) Then he had cut out his writing, and had six or seven "crazy shapes" to show us, with his various math sentences and problems on them. He had obviously been quite absorbed, and had clearly enjoyed this project. Erin smiled and whispered, "Isn't he a nerd?" Yes!

I LOVE NERDS!

3 comments:

  1. You know I don't mean nerd in a bad way, right? I love my little nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, Erin, I knew what you meant! Wasn't it just so cute how he was so INTO it?! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete