Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why call it "Jane's Aire?"

I guess I should explain why I titled this blog "Jane's Aire." Although I'm not sure of the reasons myself, and am hopeful they might become clearer to me as time passes, I thought I'd try. The book Jane Eyre was very meaningful to me as a child. I read it innumerable times, cried over it endlessly, and mostly daydreamed about it. The characters were as real to me as the members of my family, the people in my neighborhood, or the children in my classrooms; I identified with several of them, depending on my mood and/or situation at the time. When I first thought the other day about doing a blog myself, for some reason Jane Eyre popped into my head. I'm not sure of the reasons, but it was a strong feeling. And when I tried to think of other, perhaps more appropriate names, I could think of none. Hence, I'm going with my version--Jane's Aire. And I'll see what, if anything, develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment