Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another Project

So...

My latest project this Spring has been my garage door. First of all, the opener has been broken for at least a year, and I've had to manually lift and lower it, not to mention it really couldn't be locked effectively. Luckily no one ever figured that out, and we were never burglarized. For a long time, it didn't matter much because I wasn't parking the car in the garage, anyway, because it was such a mess. But when Jeff & Erin & Michael cleaned it out for me a couple of months ago, it motivated me to get things repaired so I could use it again as an garage--you know, a place to park your car. What a concept!

Then I thought about how much I've always wanted windows in the door; I just love the way it looks from the curb, and I like the added light inside the garage. (Especially now that it's clean and I like being out there and I actually use the space!)



Before...






Here it is after. I think it makes a BIG difference, and I LOVE IT!

7 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I agree with you on the windows, definitely nice! Did you put it in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT LOOKS SWEET!!!!I BET YOU ARE LOVING NOT HAVING TO OPEN IT BY HAND!!!YOUR ONE TOUGH CHICK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks really cute.

    Also quick question
    Whats the big "E"? am I dumb for not knowing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOUR HOUSE, AND THE DOOR LOOKS GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a possible dumb question, has the house always been blue?
    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a dumb question. The answer is no, it's the only blue house in a sea of suburbia beige. I've had plenty of buyer's remorse over that decision, believe me.

    ReplyDelete