Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finally! Happy Day #8

Okay, let's finish this thing up! Thank you, Erin, for reminding me. Scrapbooking makes me happy--mostly. There have been those times when I absolutely hated projects I was working on. To the point where I thought I'd rip it up the next day. The amazing thing, though, is that the next day I almost always look at the very same project and think, "Wow, I kinda like it!" Or even, "You know, that's pretty good!" How does that happen? And why? I have no idea. But whether I enjoy the project when I'm working on it or not, I do love the whole process. I even love just looking at my supplies. It's very satisfying to me, somehow. I've always said, and I think it's true, that scrapbooking helps me to feel creative when I absolutely know that I am not. I've always wanted to be, though, and am always in awe of those people I know who are truly creative. It amazes me. I like talking about it with other scrapbookers, reading about it, collecting supplies for it--pretty much just about everything.

My next large scrapbooking related project is creating a scrap room for myself. I was inspired by a blog that I follow (thepinkstamper.blogspot.com). I love the idea of getting all my stuff really well organized, and actually having enough room. I acknowledge that part of the problem with that is that I just have too much stuff, but let's not go there. It's actually made me happy just thinking about this project, and I keep having new ideas about what I might do with it. I'm giving up a guest room for it, but since no one's used our guest room in a long long time, I think it's a safe enough change. (For anyone who actually wants to stay here as a guest, there's still a sofa bed available, and you're welcome.)

I'll post some pictures when I actually start working on the room. The first part will be to empty it out. It has been the receptacle for lots of the stuff cast off from Jessica's room and all her crafting supplies. It's pretty full. We've emptied out quite a bit already (darn, I should have taken a picture before we started), but there's still lots to go.

I know, this has been a ramble. But what can I say? I think I was just desperate to get this assignment finished. Pictures to follow...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finsihed your 8 days. It is alot harder than it looks huh. After a few days. I was SO bored haha.
    I love crafty things. They are so much fun...are you sure YOUR not my grandma...your funner...shhh!


    Did I just say that outloud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't eat anything weird, so that to me is why I was so confused. I never get heartburn. Oh well, I have had it off and on all day today. I sure hope it is all gone for tomorrow..

    It's 1:00 in the morning and I still haven't prepared my lesson for church. What am I thinking???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS WISH I COULD SCRAPBOOK.....BUT I AM SO NOT CREATIVE!!!!I AM EXCITED TO SEE YOUR PIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got off the phone with a doctor, and he said that the heartburn isn't what he is worried about. He is concerned that I haven't poo'd for now four days. He said if I don't feel better by Monday to come in and he will check me out. I am nervous because we don't get paid until Wednesday so I sorta don't have the funds to go. haha. I am hoping that I am pregnant. Who knows???
    The only thing that does sound good to me is veggies and fruit, everything else jut sounds disgusting. I can barley handle any food. I cant stand eating anything. I'm never hungry and all I want to do is sleep.

    ReplyDelete