Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How many shots does it take?

For the 4th of July, Erin & Jeff brought the kids over for fireworks (still legal here).  My goal for the day, besides the fireworks, was to get a good (dare I ask for great?) picture of the three kids together.  

I started out with just the boys.  Thought I'd get one of them together before we added Kayla.  Such sillies!

I especially love these faces.  This was after we'd reminded them to just sit still and look natural, that I just wanted one "good" picture!

Then we put Kayla in the chair with them.  She wore her new 4th of July dress that I had just finished that morning, and I wanted a picture of her modeling it.


So, we added her to the group...



That was it.  She was done!  So, photo shoot plans on hold, just waiting for another opportunity.
Later on, we noticed they were all together, looking cute, and decided to try again...

Got a kind of good one of Kayla in the dress.

 So, here we are again.  Trying again for that "perfect" shot...



Now that I'm looking at them again, this is probably the closest to what I had in mind.   Not quite, though, but almost...


 Turn around Kayla... Look at Dad.

Tyler was hanging in there, but starting to look kind of sick of the whole thing.



Kayla:  "Okay, I'm done again.  I'm outta here!"

The funny thing is, I wasn't very happy about these pics yesterday, kept thinking about that "perfect" one I wasn't getting.  But now, as I look at them again, I kinda love 'em.  I'm just grateful for digital photography.  At least I can just keep on clicking away in the pursuit.

So how many pictures did I shoot to get that perfect one?  Apparently, not quite enough.  But I'll get that perfect shot some day.  I know I will.  I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment