Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally Done!

Let me begin by saying I have no idea why this text is underlined (and blue). I've tried to delete the underline--obviously without success. Another of the many mysteries one encounters in computer-land.

Well, the floor is finally done! After all that stressing, I actually love it. All the things I worried about are no longer an issue -- it's too cold, it might be slippery, I may not like the color, it's too light, should have done wood, etc., etc., etc. So here's my verdict after all is said & done: it's not too cold (I like the cool feeling), it's not slippery (there's a slight texture), I like the color (it's not too light), and I'm fine that I didn't do wood. So, once again, much ado about, basically, nada.

The furniture's finally all back in place, although all the accessories are not (which explains the "bare bones" look. No rugs yet, either. Although now that I like it so much I'm not sure I'll rush out looking for those. There's still some junk lying around, so just ignore that, please.

Besides the rooms pictured here, we had the laundry room/pantry, downstairs bathroom, and upstairs bathrooms done as well. Love it! Now, of course, I want new furniture to go with! Guess I'll start saving--for another three years.


The living room, from the family room: (Hmmmm... how did that underlining disappear? Again, no idea!)

Family room, from the kitchen:

Kitchen, from the family room:
Living room, from the front door:
I'm so relieved to finally have this project finished. Well, almost finished. Again, I marvel at people who can undertake these things without it taking such a TOLL! It will be good to have to find something else to blog about, too. I'm a bit sick of this topic!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! Love it love it love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love it too! I'm a little jealous because I still have linoleum in my kitchen and it drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I missed this post! Love your tile!!!

    ReplyDelete