Saturday, August 1, 2009

In The Thick Of It - Part 2 of 3

Here's most of our furniture outdoors while this is all going on. More is in the garage.





The family room with almost everything out, including the carpet.


My "tile guy" Craig - husband of a friend at work. Anyone want his contact info, just let me know--he does good work. This was the first day, removing the tile from the entry in the living room.
The stairs were useful for storing some of the stuff...
The very first tiles going in...

Looking good so far...


Tyler and Jaden stopped by to supervise a bit. Here they are inspecting the tile cutter in the front yard.


The next post will be the finished product. I was hopeful this project would be finished by today, as I have to return to work tomorrow and everything is still torn up. But, as always, things take longer than expected--that seems to be some kind of cosmic law that is never violated, at least in my experience. The downstairs will be finished this week, though, and then the two bathrooms upstairs will be done while we're on vacation next week. Woo hoo! Two fun things to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. Those boys were so cute watching Craig cut the tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that tile is looking really good! I can't wait to see it all done. You must be relieved that the decision part is over. 'And I'm with you, the more choices I have the worse it gets and the more insane I feel having to make the decisions and second guessing everything. It'll be a breath of fresh air once it's all done.

    ReplyDelete