Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fresh corn, anyone?


My nieces Emily & Rebecca, corn cutters extraordinaire.
Rebecca's daughter Sarah and Emily's son Garrett, shucking corn that had been picked just that day or the day before. Can't get fresher than that!

Garrett showing off his find - a triple ear!
Even Jessica got into the work, spent some time shucking.
My niece Carla, her daughter Lana, and my nephew Neal, on the Yates corn assembly line.
More of the assembly line--cleaning, cooking, cutting...

B-I-L Kent and S-I-L Karen. There was music playing, and Kent looks like he was doing a Happy Corn Dance!
Here's just a small portion of the finished product. From field to freezer in one day. Oh my goodness it tastes good! I helped out on the line for a couple of hours and was rewarded with a few bags to bring home to California with us. Dee-lish!

1 comment: