Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"BO"


I have posted a picture here of Tyler, from this Christmas, and was starting to feel bad that Jaden wasn't represented here too (by himself). After all, I don't want to play favorites, and certainly didn't want to neglect this little guy. I didn't get any good shots of him at Christmas, though. He wasn't feeling very good that day, and he doesn't want to be the star of my pictures these days, it seems.

This is one of my favorite pictures of him, taken in Utah in August of 2007. So he was a lot younger, then, but I think he still looks pretty much the same. I just love that crooked little smile--it just melts my heart! He's so full of mischief, but is SO cute about it that no one can get very upset with him--especially his mom, who often tells me how "stinkin' cute" he is, usually after she's described in detail his latest nefarious pursuit. Look at that face -- who could argue with her about the "stinkin' cute" part?


He reminds me so much of Erin when she was little--so quiet, reserved, and shy in public, but an absolute nutcase and clown at home. That's our Bo!

One might wonder how a boy named Jaden Christopher got the nickname "Bo." It happened when he was very little. His parents would always say "Jaden Bo Baden," and pretty quickly that just became Bo, or Bo-Bo. He told his mom just recently that he didn't want to be called Bo any more, just Jaden. But we're hoping he forgets that, because it's hard to give up Bo -- somehow it just seems to fit him. (Maybe it's the clown connection. Get it? Bo-Bo?)

I almost didn't post this picture, thinking I should put a current picture here. But then I thought, "Hey, this is my blog, so I'm allowed to post whatever I want!" And since I love this picture, I'll post this picture! My blog, my rules. Ya know, I think I could learn to like this power.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hey nice job on not playing favorites! :) I love that picture, too. He IS stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have a blog - so hip!! Mom would die - say hi to Jess for me. I am going to try and send out happy chinese new year cards but try is the operative word here!!

    ReplyDelete