Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Perfect House

We went to see Erin & Jeff's new house in Beaumont this afternoon.  I have to say, it is THE perfect house.  I took lots of inside pictures too, but they just moved in and things aren't "just so" yet, and I didn't think Erin or Jeff would appreciate me sharing them at this point.  Let me just say this: I have never seen so many cupboards, closets, shelves, and storage spaces before.  I told Erin I had expected to be impressed by the kitchen and maybe the master bedroom/bath, but I think I came away more in love with the closets than anything else. How crazy is that?  I cannot imagine that they will ever fill all these spaces up, although I'm sure they will--eventually.  I can see them living happily there forever.  In fact, Jeff says he hopes to retire there, and I believe he will.  My second favorite part of this move is that it's only 30 minutes from my house.  I see lots of Sunday dinners, Saturday visits, soccer/baseball games, and school programs in my future, something that Blythe made impossible at 2 1/2 hours away.  It is a beautiful house, perfect for them.  But the best part is I know they'll make it a loving home.

2 comments:

  1. I am so emotional today and this almost makes me want to cry! I am so happy for you all! I was so blessed to have my grandparents close when I was younger and the memories I have are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great house for a great family!

    ReplyDelete