Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday at D-Land

Just couldn't pass up the chance to go to Disneyland for free last month on my birthday!

































They give you this pin at the beginning of the day. All day long, everyone says "Happy Birthday" to you, even little kids. It's kinda fun.



The weather was great, sunny and cool--perfect Disneyland weather. It was a bit more crowded than I'd hoped. It seems every private school west of the Mississippi was on Spring Break. Every one of those kids had the same idea. As in, "What are YOU doing for Spring Break?" "We're going to Disneyland!"


Our friend Claudia went with Jessica and me. (Needed someone to help keep Jessica out of trouble!)







The "Celebrate" parade was cute. I have a soft spot for the old Main Street Electrical Parade, though. I always miss it. I hear it still goes on at California Adventure, though, so one of these days I'm going to have to catch it there and reminisce.


As this sign at the end of the refurbished It's A Small World ride says, it's always a good time to "come play" at Disneyland!

5 comments:

  1. Gall, how lucky are you. I so wish I could go to Disneyland for my birthday! I'm jealous. How did Jessica do with everything? I bet she was so excited too.

    take me with you next time !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Donna -- get yourself down here, and we'll head to Disneyland first thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot! Take ME with you next time. Once again, we all know who the favorite is (eyes rolling). I like Disneyland too (sniff sniff) Okay, I'm over it. Glad you had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We are planning to go when we come out this summer. What was the new Small World like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you totally should see that movie. It has to my favorite. I know you don't know me THAT well, But I am a serious movie freak. I have seen probably over 3,000 movies haha. It's my weak spot. I just have a love for watching creative work. The movie was so well done. rent it rent it

    ReplyDelete