Sunday, May 24, 2009

Painting again!! (Part 2)

So the painting is done. Am I happy about that? Yes. Am I happy with the job? Sort of. The guy wasn't as careful with the details as I would have liked, or as I would have been myself. But I'm trying to just look at the completed job and be grateful for that. I can fix the little things myself, and I plan to. THEN maybe I'll be completely happy!

Here's the stairwell and the upstairs hallway.

And Jessica's room. Don't tell anyone, but it's way pinker than I expected from the paint chip. She really wanted a deeper red, and I talked her out of it (sorry, Jessi). I think she was right, but I'll never tell her that; I'd never live it down. I may, at some point, re-do it the color she wanted in the first place.


But for now she's happy with it, so it's our little secret, okay? Promise?!

3 comments:

  1. I love the color is Jessica's room. I'm really not just saying that. I LOVE the color. I think it makes that bedspred perfect. I think its just adorable.

    I just got your email, and I plan on witting you back in a little bit:)
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post! I love the hall color...and I think Jessica's room is great. From the photos the color looks perfect. Even though it may not be as tidy as a job as you would have done...at least you didn't have to do it. Think of all the pain and time. A few touch ups are probably easier to think about that the whole project. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete