Saturday, May 2, 2009

A New Fridge

Okay, I admit it. This is a fairly boring, mundane subject. But, I'm happy about it. My current fridge is 16 years old (I'm pretty sure--maybe 17). I know it could probably last longer, but I think it's pretty much lived its life. It freezes anything that gets pushed too far to the back, and the freezer door does not close tightly any more; I'm sure it wastes lots of energy. Not to mention the door handle actually fell off a few months ago, and is impossible to replace. Here it is, in all it's glory....
I've been eyeing some replacement prospects for some time, and have decided I want one with a bottom freezer. Just seems nice to have everything you want most of the time at eye level, rather than having to bend down to peer into the mysterious frosty depths to find what you need. And lately I've been looking at the models with French doors.


Sooo, last weekend we went to Sears to investigate; I've shopped a lot online and had tentatively decided on the model I wanted. It pretty much had everything I needed, and Sears was advertising a 20% sale on appliances, so it seemed to be the time. We'd barely seen one or two when Jessica started having a seizure, so of course everything was put on hold while I dealt with her. I grabbed a nearby camp chair and plopped her in it, and after checking her blood sugar discovered it was very low. So that was the reason for the seizure, not one of her other many problems. Once I got her sugar up, we just got her to the car (with a lot of help from numerous sales people) and went back home. So there went the shopping expedition--it seems nothing is ever as simple as it should be.


However, before leaving I found out from the saleswoman (while waiting for the glucose tablets to work on Jessica) that there was going to be a "friends and family invitational sale" this weekend, which would give me an additional 10% off the appliance of my choice. 30% off sounds good to me! I'll wait to finish this post with pictures of the new fridge--I know y'all would be disappointed not to see it here.







5/8: So, here it is! And, as you can see by Jessica's Vanna White impression, she's fine too.

5 comments:

  1. Woah Jennette, thats freakin nice fridge.
    I have always wanted the ones that have the water and ice in them. I'm still stuck with a handmedown fridge. Which I am very thankful for.
    I like it alot.
    Also, Jessica's impressions is soooo funny haha. Shes so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM LOVING THE BLACK..ITS A LITTLE TO RESIQUE(SP) FOR ME SINCE I BET MINE WOULD BE COVERED IN NASTY STICK HANDPRINTS!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You're going to love the freezer on the bottom. And then you'll love it more when Jaden comes over and puts cute little handprints all over it.=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than an appliance with cute handprints on it! Congrats on the new fridge. It's beautiful. Glad Jessica is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Erin and Megan, I am thinking that it would be the cutest thing to have Jaden's handprints on it. I might just leave them there to look at after he goes home!

    ReplyDelete