Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Day #4

Okay, this one truly is going to be short. I know I've said that before, and then rambled on for days.

It makes me happy to sit and look at the ocean, feel the breeze and smell the salt air. These pictures were taken from our ocean view hotel room in Seattle, on the way back from our Alaska cruise last year.
Even though Jessica got really sick and we were literally stuck in our hotel room for two days, instead of doing the tourist thing in Seattle, I have to say I didn't really mind all that much because I just sat by the open window and looked out at this view of the beautiful Pacific Ocean.

I rarely feel as relaxed and calm as I do when I'm at the ocean.
The question then becomes, obviously, if I love the ocean so much, and it does make me happy to be there, why don't I ever spend any time there? This time in Seattle was the first time I'd been at the ocean in so many years I can't even really remember the last time. I doubt that anyone who knows me would even suspect this about me, because I literally NEVER go to the beach. This wouldn't be so bad, I guess, if I lived in Nebraska or Tennessee, but duh! I live in Southern California about an hour and a half away from any number of beautiful beaches. Sad, huh.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's pretty sad. We should go and take the boys. Tyler's been once but Jaden hasn't and I haven't been in years. I like the ocean but I hate getting sand everywhere. And I hate bathing suits and too much sun so that's why I never go. But I suppose we should go and enjoy that part of Heavenly Father's beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Erin, after reading your comment I realize it's not so much the "beach" that I love, but the ocean. I like it more from a shaded deck or a luxurious hotel room balcony. I know--I should just buy one of those multi-million dollar Malibu beach houses when I retire! What do ya think?

    ReplyDelete