Sunday, May 10, 2009

STAR OF THE WEEK!

A couple of weeks ago, Erin told me that Tyler was going to be "Star of the Week" at his school, starting on May 11. She asked me if I'd like to make the "all about me" poster he needed for the event. Are you kidding? This is nothing but a giant scrapbook page! I'd love to!








It gave me a chance to use my new Cricut machine. I used it for this Mickey Mouse; I think he looks so good you'd think I just bought a Mickey sticker or die cut. But no! I cut it with the Cricut and pieced it together. Gotta love my Cricut!









Tyler is a Star Wars fanatic, so of course I had to include some Star Wars stuff! I was shocked to discover that there are no Star Wars scrapbooking supplies. I guess I'd never looked for them before. Rotten timing, since I was told they should be coming out by the end of this month. It just would NOT be Tyler without Star Wars! I finally found a Star Wars sticker book at Toys R Us, and adapted. Just in case you were wondering, his favorite character is "Jango Fett--and all the Jedi."

The pictures at the bottom are from last Halloween--he was Darth Vader, and later made up as Darth Maul.





The final product:
It probably took way too much time, but it was oh so fun. How could it not be, since it involved my two favorite things--grandchildren and scrapbooking! Thanks for letting me do it, Erin!







3 comments:

  1. wow that turned out really good.
    He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one talented lady! I'll be sending you some pictures to scrapbook for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MOM!! It couldn't have turned out better. I've been looking at it all night. Tyler's so excited to show it to his class. After he was in bed, he said, "oooh I can't wait to be star of the weeeek!" in his real excited voice.

    ReplyDelete