Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pursuit of Happiness Day #1

I was tagged by Donna to do this Pursuit of Happiness thing. For 8 days, write about one thing that makes you happy, and tag 8 others to do the same. A worthwhile project, I think, as it helps me focus on positive things. Those who know me well know that's sometimes a challenge for me. So here goes: I tag Erin, Carol, Lauren, Megan, Melissa, Natalie, Sabrina, and anyone else who wants to take the challenge. Hmmm, can I find 8 things? That shouldn't be hard, but somehow it seems like it might be.

The first one is very easy, though, and no surprise: my grandsons Tyler and Jaden. Just by their very existence. Their unbridled joy and bounding excitement when we first meet for a visit; I actually feel Jaden's little body shaking with excitement when we first meet and hug. Their little faces smiling up at me. Jaden's giggle, and how much it reminds me of his mother at his age. Tyler's serious and thoughtful nature. Listening to their stories of discovery or wonder or adventure. Hearing about their latest Primary or school lessons. Listening to their prayers. Loving them and being loved by them.


Yes, just looking at these faces makes me smile and feel very happy indeed. Shoot! I just realized I used up at least 8 things just on these boys. Oh well, they're all true. I'll start working on thinking of 7 more things that make me happy, although I doubt any one of them, or all of them, can top these guys!

2 comments:

  1. Awh, I am so glad you did it.
    I love looking at people's blogs and finding out what makes THEM happy. Plus it's always nice to think of positive things.
    Thanks for doing this and I am excited for more:)
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute boys! They make me happy, too.

    ReplyDelete