Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Day #2

Okay, this will be short--I'm tired. I had to really think about this, because as I suspected, it was a bit hard to come up right away with the second thing that makes me happy. Then I was reading Erin's blog post about their California Adventure trip last week, and it came to me.
It is most fulfilling to see Erin with her family, to see what an amazing mom she is. The thought frequently occurs to me that I am so happy she is the mother of my grandchildren. When she was a little girl, she loved the song "When I Grow Up, I Want To Be A Mother," and I remember thinking that I was sure she'd make a good one some day. Then later, for a time, I wasn't so sure she still wanted to be one, the way she once had. After all, she never really babysat, never spent time with little kids, or seemed to be interested in or enjoy them at all.

But when she had her children, oh my goodness, what a blossoming! She instinctively knows what they need, and provides it--physically, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually--in every possible way. She's kind, patient, and understanding when they need that, yet strong and determined when they need that.
All I can say is that it is amazing and rewarding to watch, and makes me very happy indeed! And now, in about 5 months, we get to do it again with a brand new little one!

4 comments:

  1. Awe, how sweet! That made me cry a little.

    Oh my gosh, 5 months, is that all? Why? Why is there only one way for it to come out?!

    My other thought was that Jaden looks just like me when I see our faces together. Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she also makes a good sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKED THAT ONE!!!!YOU ARE GOOD AT THESE HAPPY POSTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin is so cute. I am so glad that I am getting to know you and her so much more through these blogs.Makes it happy that I have one.
    That is such a cute picture of her too.
    I love your blog..makes me happy

    ReplyDelete