Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Day #3

Well here we go again. This is getting hard, just as I thought it would. I'm going for a quick and easy one today, just because it's late--again, and I'm tired--again. One thing that makes me happy is flowers, probably especially tulips. Lots and lots of them. It was pure bliss for me when we visited the Butchart Gardens last year in Victoria BC. I could have spent the whole day there, but we only had a few hours; I'll definitely have to make it back there some day!


I have had sort of an epiphany thinking about these happiness blog posts. I was thinking about why it should be hard for me to come up with 8 things that make me happy. It really shouldn't be a difficult thing, should it? In thinking about it, I was kind of surprised to realize that there actually are plenty of things that make me happy, it's just that I don't experience them very often. So that got me to start thinking about why not, and how I should spend more time on those kinds of things, and less on some others. The challenge has always been that there just isn't enough time, plain and simple. But, that's something that everyone has to deal with, and some people do manage to find time for those things that are fulfilling for them, and that make them happy. So why don't I?


The answer to that is another whole post (actually it sounds like a subject for a therapy session). There is a reason, of course, or more likely many reasons; I'm just not sure this is the forum to pursue the question. However, it has prompted me to consider it, and that's surely a good thing. So obviously, at this point, I've not found the answer; but at least I'm asking the question. I'll have to work on it.

2 comments:

  1. oooh, pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO LOOK FOWARD TO YOUR POSTS!!!!I THINK WE ALL HAVE TO WORK ON ALWAYS FINDING THE SILVER LINEING IN THINGS

    ReplyDelete