Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Day #7

It makes me happy to get a lot done, especially on an extra day off, since it is essentilaly "found" time. Then at night, when I feel tired, it can be accompanied by a sense of accomplishment, and not just the usual thought about how old I am! (As in, "of course I'm tired--I'm OLD!"). It's 8:43 a.m. and here is my plan for today, in two parts:

Home:

1) paint furniture for Jessica's room
2) call garage door company, schedule appt
3) Fix toilet seat
4) Measure Jessica's windows for curtains
5) Make birthday cards (gift cards for work friends)
6) Work on scrapbooking room (more on that later)
7) Touch up trim in hall, bedroom
8) Pay bills
9) Shopping/errands (below)

Out:

Bank

Kohls - My job this month is to buy gift cards for the birthday dinner for two friends at work, one from Kohls and one from Target

Dunn Edwards paint - need to touch up the wall in the hallway where Jessica took out a good-sized chunk out last night (let's not go there, okay?) She feels terrible about it and it was truly an accident, so I'm trying not to feel too irritated about it.

Golden Spoon Yogurt - it's near the paint store, so I can't miss the opportunity to get some of that yummy peanut Butter Cup flavor!)

Costco

Target - the second gift card, pharmacy for Jessi's meds

Stater Bros.

So, that's the plan. Now, let's see how successful I am. Nothing makes me happier than being able to cross off every item on a list! (Well, I'm sure some things do, but not many.)





2 comments:

  1. AH, the queen of lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I can't help it. Are you sick of them?
    I didn't get to do a good part of the shopping list. Both the paint store and Costco were closed today--darn! Puts me way behind schedule!

    ReplyDelete